SPEAG is pleased to announce the release of SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16-0. This major release offers enhanced tools for in-/on-body wireless devices, exposure assessment of wireless power transfer (WPT) systems and for the design of 5th generation (5G) wireless devices.
NEW FRAMEWORK FEATURES
- The new “Control-Point Morphing” tool enables interactive free-form deformations on modeling entities, such as anatomical surface models. An intuitive interaction paradigm that allows design of deformation fields with real-time previews of results can be used for global and local modifications of a surface model.
- A new parameterization engine that intuitively uses parameterized expressions throughout the platform, i.e., for modeling, simulation and analysis, also defines and maintains inter-relationships between different components.
- Various productivity and framework enhancements, e.g., multi-tree functionality, on-the-fly unit conversion, several Python scripting extensions, auto-script generation, and powerful mesh repair and reconstruction tools, facilitate the use of SEMCAD X Matterhorn.
- The streamlined analysis and post-processing workflow, e.g., the grouping of workflows in the workbench, makes access to and quantification of the results more effective. Also, new viewer types have been added.
NEW VOXEL ENGINE
- SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16-0 features a new finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) topological voxeler engine that is up to 20× faster than the old approach and achieves better results with coarser grids for discretization of complex/fine structures (>10× faster runtime for specific simulations). Moreover, the voxel display is now instantaneous (>50× faster).
NEW AND EMPOWERED SOLVERS
- EM FDTD
- The unique GPU-empowered FDTD subgrid solution (Acceleware) has been greatly extended by allowing connected subgrids, i.e., multiple overlapping subgrids that adapt themselves only in the vicinity of a structure to enclose it without wasting resources in unused areas.
- The antenna array designer tools provide an efficient workflow for rapid prototyping of WiGig or 5G compatible technologies. Performance or exposure scenarios of different phased-array configurations can be assessed at postprocessing, without re-running simulations.
- EM QS
- With a focus on WPT applications, V3-0 includes several novel features, e.g., a coil wizard, surface current sources, a calculator for magnetic energy, that enable users to immediately address innovative new designs as well as tackle the latest specifications (Qi, AFA).
- A new solver added to the family of low frequency solvers allows the computation of materials with magnetic permeability and enables the calculation of ferrites and shielding, as well as PEC and PMC materials.
- EM MMT (MODE-MATCHING)
- V3-0 now offers waveguide sources for the excitation of different modes of rectangular, circular and coaxial waveguide cross-sections to simulate waveguide structures accurately and efficiently.
- A new state-of-the-art solver based on the mode-matching technique (MMT) combined with the generalized scattering matrix (GSM) has been developed for analysis of various composite waveguide structures such as E-plane filters, cavity filters, and power dividers.
A more comprehensive list of improvements, fixes, and new features is included in the Release Notes.
If you are interested in experiencing the power and elegance of SEMCAD X Matterhorn V16-0 or require further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +41 44 245 9700.
The relevant SEMCAD X Matterhorn installers for Win7/Win8/8.1/Win10 64-bit platforms can be downloaded. For existing customers with an up-to-date annual maintenance and support plan, all pertinent information regarding the Software Installer Download and updated licenses will, of course, be individually provided.
SPEAG is dedicated to empowering our customers to reach new heights of productivity and scientific achievement by providing the most innovative software solutions, testing equipment, and support.
The SEMCAD X Matterhorn Team
Efficient modeling of safety/exposure related aspects of WPT in V3-0: electrical vehicle charging including two postured ViP human phantoms.
Antenna array designer tool: an efficient workflow for rapid prototyping of WiGig or 5G compatible technologies to assess performance or exposure scenarios of different phased-array configurations.
Efficient and accurate simulation of a bandpass waveguide filter with Mode-Matching and FDTD solvers.
Enormous simulation resource savings via the novel Connected Subgridding approach (Acceleware).