Today, SPEAG released DASY8/6 Module WPT V2.2 and MAGPy V2.2, just in time for the release of the new updated regulations ISED SPR-002 issue 2 and FCC KDB 680106 D01 v04. Compliance of wireless power transfer devices can now be determined without overestimation and without simulations.
Since the release of DASY8/6 Module WPT V2.0 in June 2023, we have made a number of improvements to address questions and requests we have received from regulators, test labs and manufacturers. As a result, the latest version DASY8/6 Module WPT V2.2 is now fully compliant with ISED SPR-002 issue 2 (mandatory from November 2023), FCC KDB 680106 D01 v04 (from October 2023) and the latest draft of IEC 63184. The module is more powerful and intelligent than ever and the only solution that allows assessment without overestimation and does not require simulations.
The main new features are:
- automated evaluation at the taught probe surface, e.g., at the surface of the device under test;
- auto-extension mode for volume scans to reduce test time;
- flexible data acquisition time to enable processing of pulse signals with long idle time;
- improved signal-to-noise calculation;
- validation of the stability of the DUT spectrum;
- validation of the localized incident electric (E-) field assumption;
- evaluation procedure to assess the time dependence of the exposure.
Setup for testing a wireless charger with DASY8/6 Module WPT V2.2
Scan areas with and without the auto-extension mode for a measurement upon the 85 kHz WPT V&V source
SPEAG also updated the software for the MAGPy Version 2 handheld system for fast and easy in situ evaluations. Software V2.2 (MAGPy V2.2) comes with the following two important features:
- implementation of the total induced field evaluation (which was first implemented in DASY8/6 Module WPT V2.0) to include the exposure from the incident E-field;
- updated extrapolation to the probe tip that compensates for sensor averaging errors in strong gradient fields (overcoming the distance requirements of ISED SPR-002 issue 2 (minimal distance = 1.7 * sensor diameter)).
As always, bug fixes and other minor issues have also been addressed for both systems.
Importantly, we have also developed detailed Application Notes to help users carry out testing in accordance with these specific regulations:
- Testing Compliance of WPT Devices with DASY8/6 Module WPT V2.2+ According to ISED SPR-002 Issue 2 (available now)
- Testing Compliance of WPT Devices with DASY8/6 Module WPT V2.2+ According to FCC KDB 680106 D01 v04 (available soon)
- Testing Compliance of WPT Devices with MAGPy V2.2+ According to ISED SPR-002 Issue 2 (available soon)
- Testing Compliance of WPT Devices with MAGPy V2.2+ According to FCC KDB 680106 D01 v04 (available soon)
Please download the latest software versions and Application Notes here!
We would love to hear your feedback! Please contact us at email@example.com and let us know your comments.
Your DASY Team