Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, efficient, and reliable test equipment for the evaluation of near- and far-field electromagnetic (EM) radiation, EM materials, and their applications, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Software Engineer with Engineering / Physics Background
SPEAG, together with its partner organizations the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the EM near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Development of reliable and stable software applications, including data post-processing, numerics, and visualization, and automation and control solutions for our advanced measurement systems
- Involvement in all stages of product development, from detailed analyses to the global level
- Creation of cutting-edge software for state-of-the-art measurement products in a highly dynamic and growing market
- University or technical college degree (Bachelor, Master or PhD) in Electrical or MEMS Engineering, Robotics, Physics or related field
- Extensive experience (at least three years) in C++ and Python
- Practical experience in product development
- Practical work experience (at least 3 years) as a software engineer with excellent know-how and experience in the latest tools and technologies (advanced C++, STL, Design Patterns, Multithreading, OpenGL, Boost, MS Visual Studio, Unit Tests)
- Fascination for the design of high-quality, user-friendly, reliable software
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good to excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 97 38, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Sven Kühn.