Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, efficient, and reliable test equipment for the evaluation of near- and far-field electromagnetic (EM) radiation, EM materials, and their applications, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Software Engineer: System Automation and Control
SPEAG, together with its partner organizations the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the EM near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Development of realtime automation, motion, and control solutions into our advanced measurement systems
- Contribution to software architecture and the development of software components
- Automation & control software and post-processing software for exposure systems for biological experiments
- University or technical college degree (Bachelor, Master or PhD) in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or Computer Sciences or equivalent knowledge
- Passion for and advanced development and close to hardware debugging skills in C / C++, experience with the latest C++ standards
- Good command of Python is a plus
- Experience in embedded, realtime, and motion software development
- Knowledge of measurement and test equipment automation (SCPI, VISA)
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, protocols, and logic analyzers
- Ability to comprehend and process hardware datasheets and schematics
- Capability to translate high-level descriptions into technical requirements and implementations
- Familiar with agile development methodologies and continuous integration systems is a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 97 38, email@example.com
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Sven Kühn.