Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, efficient, and reliable test equipment for the evaluation of near- and far-field electromagnetic (EM) radiation, EM materials, and their applications, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Sales Support Manager
SPEAG, together with its partner organizations the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the EM near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Organizing and performing presales within all sales territories EMEA, Americas, Asia, and South East Asia
- Identifying and establishing new business opportunities (ideas, markets, customers, entry points, opinion makers, etc.)
- Providing presale technical support such as preparing tenders, proposals, and technical support to the in-house sales team
- Providing technical support to external sales channels
- Ensuring achievement of set order income targets
- Preparing and providing presentations at customer visits, exhibitions, workshops, trade shows, etc.
- Active involvement with the R&D teams to realize sales objectives
- Implementing best practices in sales techniques
- Ensuring customers receive the highest level of customer service
- Working closely with the in-house sales team to provide coherent customer support
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, or Telecommunication Engineering, or equivalent
- At least three years of relevant working experience in radiofrequency (RF)/wireless communications, or within a RF and Microwave test equipment supplier, is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in EM compatibility is an advantage
- A service-oriented, analytical personality who takes ownership to solve problems
- Ability to deliver persuasive presentations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and distinct sensitivity to customer needs
- Willingness to travel (at least 30%) and fulfill overseas business needs
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good to excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Competitive base salary
- Fantastic opportunity to make a real difference
- Work for an innovative company who is a pioneer within their respective field and are providing a platform for someone to come in and drive growth but also to progress their own career
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded. The candidate must be a resident in Switzerland and hold a valid work permit.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 97 38, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Mike Summerfield.