Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, efficient, and reliable test equipment for the evaluation of near- and far-field electromagnetic (EM) radiation, EM materials, and their applications, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Product Head EM Phantoms
SPEAG, together with its partner organizations the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the EM near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Full responsibility for our “EM Phantom” product line, including product development, coordination with production, technical sales and support, and customer relations
- Leading R&D effort in the development of new phantoms for over-the-air testing and medical applications, as well as new materials for specific dielectric properties
- Providing guidance and support to customers on EM phantom applications (e.g., antenna design, medical evaluations), and to provide corresponding and suitable customized solutions
- Preparation and maintenance of marketing documentation, such as website, presentations, flyers, application notes, and movies
- Supervision and guidance of a multi-disciplinary team
- University or technical college degree (PhD or Masters) in Engineering or Physics
- Expertise in at least one of the following fields:
- Antenna design and radiated performance evaluation
- EM measurement technologies
- EM simulations
- Fascination for and good understanding of diverse EM problems
- Versatility, with the ability and commitment to take ownership of all aspects of the EM Phantom product line
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Strong focus on customers and customers' needs
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good to excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 97 38, email@example.com
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Prof. Niels Kuster.