Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, efficient, and reliable test equipment for the evaluation of near- and far-field electromagnetic (EM) radiation, EM materials, and their applications, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Specific Absorption Rate Measurement Systems
SPEAG, together with its partner organizations the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT) and TI Solutions AG, forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the EM near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies and (iii) medical applications.
- Full responsibility for the development of new products and maintenance of our current product line for measuring the EM near field of wireless systems operating between 1 kHz and >100 GHz
- Manage the entire product line life cycle
- Responsibility for budget, roadmaps, product releases, marketing, and sales documentation
- Lead the communication with key customers and sales agents
- Participate in national and international standard activities (IEC, IEEE, etc.)
- Supervise and lead a multi-disciplinary team
- Collaborate with external partners and provide customer support
- Perform product demonstrations/installations at customer sites in close cooperation with the sales department
- University or technical college degree (Master or Ph.D.) in Electrical Engineering or Physics
- Excellent knowledge of the electromagnetics
- Experience with radiofrequency and wireless communication test instruments
- Knowledge of modern wireless protocols such as 5GNR, LTE, Wireless LAN is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability/desire to quickly learn new technologies
- Outstanding communication and negotiating skills, and diplomacy
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly
- personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken)
- Experience in sales and marketing is a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of a motivational letter, tailored CV (max. 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates, and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 97 38, email@example.com
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Sven Kühn.