Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, efficient, and reliable test equipment for the evaluation of near- and far-field electromagnetic (EM) radiation, EM materials, and their applications, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Physics Laboratory Assistant
SPEAG, together with its partner organizations the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the EM near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Calibration, testing, and evaluation of radiofrequency (RF) measurement devices
- RF measurement and data analysis
- Measurement of dielectric properties of lossy materials
- Coordination of laboratory activities / Support of laboratory administrative tasks
- Technical administrative support on measurement and product-related issues
- Training as Physics Laboratory Assistant, Metrological Technician, or alike. Alternative a degree (Bachelor, Technical College, or equivalent) in Physics, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience with electronics and measurement equipment as well as measurement and uncertainty conventions
- Good technical understanding
- Enjoyment of day-to day hands-on measurement tasks
- Experience in operating RF measurement equipment and setups is a plus
- Knowledge of measurement, metrological, and quality assurance standards are an asset
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment but still with high precision, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German is a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories in the heart of Zurich
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded. Furthermore, the candidate must be a resident in CH and hold a valid work permit.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 97 38, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Adrian Aeschbacher.