Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, efficient, and reliable test equipment for the evaluation of near- and far-field electromagnetic (EM) radiation, EM materials, and their applications, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Measurement Engineer (30 – 100%)
SPEAG, together with its partner organizations the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT) and TI Solutions AG, forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the EM near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies and (iii) medical applications.
The position is well suited for students or engineers who prefer to work in the evening and/or on weekends.
- Working independently in the calibration laboratory after working hours and on weekends
- Calibration, testing, and evaluation of radiofrequency (RF) measurement devices
- RF measurement and data analysis
- Technical support on measurement and product-related issues
- Execution of administrative laboratory tasks
- Training as Physics Laboratory Assistant, Metrological Technician, a degree or aspirant for a degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience with electronics and measurement equipment
- Good technical understanding
- Enjoyment of day-to day hands-on measurement tasks
- Experience in operating RF measurement equipment is a plus
- Knowledge of measurement, metrological, and quality assurance standards are an asset
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with high precision, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German is a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories in the heart of Zurich
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded. Note that the candidate must be a resident in Switzerland and hold a valid work permit.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 97 38, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Adrian Aeschbacher.