Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, efficient, and reliable test equipment for the evaluation of near- and far-field electromagnetic (EM) radiation, EM materials, and their applications, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
Global Technical Sales / Account Manager
SPEAG, together with its partner organizations the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS) and ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT), forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the EM near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies.
- Understanding of scientific radiofrequency test equipment and software tools in niche markets
- Awareness of customer needs and acquisition workflows from SME to large companies
- Working side-by-side with researchers, developers and product heads (PH)
- Management of sales pipeline and opportunities with PH and sales channels within already established sales processes, identification of new sales paths
- Teaching PH and sales channels in customer expectations
- Leading a culture of sales excellence
- Readiness for overseas business trips (40 ‒ 50%; customer visits, sales channels, and exhibitions)
- Expertise and a proven track record in international sales and business development
- Experience in dealing with international sales channels globally in difficult market conditions
- Taking ownership of sales issues and meeting customer expectations
- Ability to interact with direct key accounts at any level, from test engineer to CEO
- Readiness to explore new markets and industries to provide growth avenues for the company
- Representation of the company at industry trade shows and conferences, including technical presentations and product demonstrations
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Good to excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 97 38, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Mike Summerfield.