Schmid & Partner Engineering AG (SPEAG), the leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, efficient, and reliable test equipment for the evaluation of near- and far-field electromagnetic (EM) radiation, EM materials, and their applications, is currently seeking applicants for the post as
SPEAG, together with its partner organizations the Foundation for Research on Information Technologies in Society (IT’IS), ZMT Zurich MedTech AG (ZMT) and TI Solutions AG, forms the Zurich43 alliance. Z43’s dedicated mission is to expand the knowledge and technology for the (i) characterization, optimization, and application of the EM near-field and (ii) predictive modelling of interactions between physical agents and physiology in complex anatomies and (iii) medical applications.
- Development of user-friendly and reliable desktop applications, intuitive and powerful GUIs, and automation and control solutions for our advanced measurement systems
- Contribution to all areas of software design, from GUI to 3D graphics to hardware automation
- Involvement in all stages of product development, from detailed analyses to the global level
- Creation of cutting-edge software for state-of-the-art measurement products in a highly dynamic and growing market
- University or technical college degree (Bachelor, Master or PhD) in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences or equivalent knowledge
- Extensive experience with modern C++ (C++11 or higher) and python
- Practical experience in product development
- Practical experience as a software engineer with know-how and experience in the latest tools and technologies (Boost, MS Visual Studio, unit tests), and GUI design of any kind
- Programming experiences close to hardware are a plus
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies and continuous integration systems are a plus
- Strong sense of responsibility and highest quality standard of work
- Self-motivation, good organizational and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, friendly personality and team-spirit, sensitivity to customer needs, and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously, work independently in a fast-paced environment, and to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken), ability to communicate in German is a plus
- Stimulating environment for innovation at the forefront of our research areas and key technologies
- State-of-the-art laboratories, high-performance computing clusters, and production facilities
- Vibrant and open company culture thanks to a diverse and creative mix of people from across the globe with various backgrounds in physics, electronics, mathematics, biology, etc.
- Colleagues who are smart, competent, and passionate about valuable, cutting-edge work and who strive to meet high ethical standards
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Direct applications are preferred; applications submitted via recruitment agencies are discouraged. Please note that incomplete applications will be disregarded.
Please send your application documents (in English) consisting of motivational letter, detailed CV (max 2 pages), diplomas, transcripts (with grades), work certificates and/or reference letters (if available) to:
Zurich43, Yvonne Maeder, Zeughausstrasse 43, 8004 Zurich, Switzerland, Phone: +41 44 245 97 38, firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be directed to Dr. Sven Kühn.